Frequently Asked Questions
Updated Monday August 10, 2015 by BAYS.
- What age divisions are available?
- 6U - The 6 & Under Division is a mix of Coach pitching with Tee Ball. The Division is open for girls 4 to 6.
- 8U - The 8 & Under division is a coach pitch game. Midway through the season, there will be one inning of kid pitch in each game per the 10U rules.
- 10U - The 10 & Under division is played to ASA rules with a live pitcher.
- 12U - The 12 & Under division is played to ASA rules. The teams in this division play a combination of league games and co-op games with Friendswood and Alvin teams.
- 14U / 18U - The 14 & Under and 18 & Under groups are combined for the spring season into one division and is played to ASA rules. The fall season is only 14U. The teams in this division also play a combination of league games and co-op games with Alvin, Friendswood, La Porte and other area teams.
- What type of uniform do we receive?
Spring: 6U will receive jersey, shorts and socks. 8U and up will receive a jersey, pants and socks.
Fall: 6U will receive jersey, shorts and socks. 8U and up will receive a jersey and socks, will wear their black pants from the spring season or any black softball pants.
- When will teams be formed?
- Teams will be formed shortly after 10U & 12U Evaluations
- How will I know what team my daughter is on?
- You will be sent an email by the system once your daughter is assigned to a team. The coach should be in contact shortly after.
- Can my daughter play with her friend?
- 6U & 8U we will usually be able to accommodate the request. Please specify when signing up.
10U & 12U players will be drafted by coaches and there is no guarantee of team placement.
- When will practices begin?
- Official practice start days are different every year. We will try to update the schedule with important dates.
- What times are practices held?
- Weekday practice time slots are 5:00-6:00pm, 6:00-7:30pm and 7:30-9:00pm. Weekend practice times are available all day. Practice times are scheduled by your coach. Younger age groups will get early times. 10U may get a mix of early and late times. 12U and up will almost always get late times.
- Where do the teams practice?
- All team practices are likely to be at Bay Area Park or Kipper Mease, unless arrangements are made by your coach to practice elsewhere.
- How long are practices?
- Practices are generally 1 and ½ hours long.
- Where do the teams play their games?
Spring: 6U - 10U games are all played at Bay Area Park. 12U & 14/18U games are co-op and may be played at Bay Area Park, Alvin, Friendswood, or La Porte
Fall: Games are played at either Alvin or Friendswood.
- When do the teams play their games?
Spring: 6U - 8U games will play at 6:00pm on any week night. 10U & 14/18U games may be played at either 6:00pm or 7:30pm.
Fall: Doubleheader games are played every other Saturday and may start early morning to mid afternoon.